I do! I’m always excited when fall comes around because the pumpkin scones reappear at Starbucks! I found a great recipe this week, tried it out, and gave it two thumbs up! It’s simple, quick, and YUMMY! Enjoy!
BTW, my recipe modifications are in brackets to give you some other ideas. If you have spelt flour, rapadura, and Celtic sea salt, go for it! Otherwise, I offer some suggestions of items you are more likely to have that are still on the healthier end of the specturm.
Pumpkin Scones (akin to Starbucks but healthier) – from RiddleLove
Makes 6 large scones (picture the ones at Starbucks)
Prep time: 15 minutes. Bake time: 14-16
2 cups spelt flour (freshly-milled is preferred) [I used whole wheat flour]
1/4 cup rapadura [I used brown sugar]
1 Tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt [I used regular sea salt]
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
6 tablespoons chilled butter
1/2 cup pumpkin (or kabocha) puree
3 Tablespoons buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour through spices) in a mixer.
- Set the mixer to a low speed and cut in chilled butter (slice butter like your’e generously buttering a slice of bread and drop the pieces of butter into the mixer, one at a time, while the mixer is on low).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (pumpkin, buttermilk, and egg) together. Keep the dry ingredients mixing on low and slowly pour the wet mixture in until it’s well incorporated.
- Form the dough into a ball. Now squish the ball into a 1-inch-thick circle on a lightly-foured surface. Slice the circle into 6 even pieces and set them on a baking sheet (preferably stoneware). Into the oven they go.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges begin to slightly brown.
Want to learn more or get stated using essential oils? Learn more or join today!
Join us for a live essential oils class in Kansas City, Dallas, or Houston! Contact us to find a class near you!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I am an independent distributor for Young Living. #1325257