My friend Carrie found that she was craving gelatin while her broken wrist was healing. She made this great gummy recipe and loved it so much she wanted to share it with all of you! Enjoy!!
Before beginning, determine how much liquid you need to fill a tray of gummy molds. I used these molds and each mold needed 1/3 cup liquid, which was perfect!
Makes 150 gummy bears (using molds at link above)
1 cup 100% fruit juice (white grape or apple take other flavors well)
3 Tbsp gelatin (everyone recommended Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin – orange can)
1 Tbsp honey or the equivalent of your preferred sweetener
1-2 tsp ground turmeric (for orange color, if desired)
Young Living Essential oils for flavor
Eye dropper dispensers (come with many molds)
Baking sheet (to hold molds)
Glass measuring cup (1 cup size) or small, heat-safe bowl
Small whisk or fork
- Place molds on baking pan
- Make sure there is space to set the pan in the fridge
- Add juice and honey to small saucepan
- Bring juice mixture almost to a boil, stirring occasionally (it will make a loud noise about 30 seconds before it boils). If it does boil, let it cool a little before continuing
- Pour 1/3 cup of the hot juice into the measuring cup
- Add 2 drops essential oil
- If you want a yellow color, add 1 tsp turmeric powder and whisk in
- Slowly sprinkle in 1 Tbsp of gelatin while continually gently whisking. Be careful not to add too much at once or it will clump
- Use the eye dropper to transfer gelatin liquid into individual gummy molds
- When all gelatin liquid is used, rinse eye dropper in hot water. No need to rinse other utensils, but that is up to preference
- Reheat remaining juice mixture, then follow steps 4 through 9 again to fill more gummy molds. Add different flavors each time at step 6
- Place tray of filled molds in refrigerator for 20 minutes
- Pop out and enjoy, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Warning: they say this kind of gummy melts if left out of the fridge for too long, just like jello, though I am not sure how long it would take.
Want to ditch chemicals and improve your health? Learn more and get started using essential oils!
Join us for a live essential oils class! Our team members are in all 50 states - Contact me to find a class near you!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please read our testimonial disclosure under our Disclosure tab. I am an independent distributor for Young Living. #1325257