I’m always on the lookout for movies that my husband calls “Sarah-friendly”. These movies contain little to no violence and have a good message. Trust Fund, a new movie by Mapelle Films, fits that bill! We were sent a DVD copy to review.
Reese is a somewhat spoiled teenage girl who is coming-of-age. The early moments of the film portray her as both self-focused and immature, yet with a kind heart that seeks to love others. She has been working hard on a book and has been blessed to receive both a book contract and an advance. She’s living in denial though, believing that writing a first book is enough income to pay the rent on a high-rise apartment and support herself in the lifestyle to which she is accustomed.
I really like her father and can empathize with him in his parenting struggles. He offers her a job in his company, and she begins to try to find her way through work life. She discovers something her father has been (wisely) withholding from her, and as a result, quickly makes some very poor decisions that spiral into all kinds of trouble! The redemption and grace she receives is a powerful message of forgiveness and hope.
The movie is a bit far-fetched and not a realistic storyline, in my opinion. It is creative and imaginative though, and would be a fun movie to watch with a teenaged daughter. My Super D, Sweetheart, and Little Man aren’t old enough yet to follow along.
If you have a teenage daughter, Mapelle Films has released an book called Love Was Near to accompany the movie. It’s recommended for girls aged 12 and above so we didn’t review the book. 🙂 This coming of age Prodigal Daughter story is well told and will prompt great discussions!
You can check out the trailer!
Social Media Links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrustFundMovie/ Tag: @TrustFundMovie
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrustFundMovie Tag: @TrustFundMovie
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/trustfundmovie/pins/ Tag: @trustfundmovie
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trustfundmovie/ Tag: @trustfundmovie
Want to ditch chemicals and improve your health? Learn more and get started using essential oils!
Join us for a live essential oils class! Our team members are in all 50 states - Contact me to find a class near you!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please read our testimonial disclosure under our Disclosure tab. I am an independent distributor for Young Living. #1325257