Not sure how to apply your oils?
The best place to start is to just put a couple of drops right on your skin and rub it in. Don’t worry about being precise. Just get those oils on!
Essential oils are rapidly absorbed by the skin. It takes less than a minute to get into the bloodstream, and it is metabolized in the body in 2.5 hours. Apply them to the area where you want to provide support. Some favorite places are wrists, behind the ears, neck, temples, stomach, or especially feet.
Our pores on the soles of our feet are very big and have high absorption. (Keep that in mind next time you’re walking barefoot on floors cleaned with toxic cleaners or yard chemicals.)
If you have sensitive skin, dilute the oil with a fatty carrier oil.
- Young Living V-6: Nourish your skin and won’t clog your pores. A great all-purpose option.
- Jojoba Oil: Works wonderfully as a skin moisturizer. Non-greasy doesn’t clog pores. It contains vitamin E and B vitamins, which help to treat sunburns and wounds. It has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, and it contains three fatty acids.
- Almond oil: Absorbs relatively quickly; leaves a slight hint of oil on the skin. Rich in vitamin E and oleic acid. Good all-purpose carrier oil.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil: Unlike coconut oil, fractionated coconut oil is liquid at room temperature. Absorbs well; leaves skin feeling silky and moisturized; non-greasy, high in essential fatty acids.
- Grapeseed Oil: With a light and thin consistency, it is well suited for massages; leaves a light glossy film over the skin. Great moisturizing benefits. High in linoleic acid.
- Avocado Oil: Very moisturizing, so it works best for people with dry, rough skin. Avocado oil helps to improve skin texture, remove makeup, and hydrate your hair.
Give this a try… right before you crawl into bed tonight put a couple of drops of Lavender on your feet. Sweet dreams!!!